Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uploading files using different browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexter195

Programmer
Jun 18, 2003
EU
Hi

im uploading files onto a webserver. i have this working but ive run into some problems that i dont understand.

i have to get it to work with the various browsers.

i have a number of input fields enterd by the user and i have the file upload <INPUT> field in the same form.
the form header looks like this
Code:
<FORM action="test.jsp" method=post ENCTYPE="MULTIPART/FORM-DATA" >

when the form is submitted in opera the beans work but the file upload doesnt work.
it seems to be using "application/x- instead of "MULTIPART/FORM-DATA"

When i try to split this appart using the same code for splitting up the multipart/form-data, the tomcat process goes takes up 99% of the processor but does nothing.

When i run the code on Firefox, internet explorer and maxthon, the beans all come up as null values BUT the file upload works.

what exactly is going on here.
is opera sending the beans first and as a result the file isnt being sent? and vice versa for the other browsers?

can application/x- actually be used to send file information (i presumed it would).

can you send bean data along with file data through the post option.

thanks for the help in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back