Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uploading Files Using a PDA and Blazer 4.0...

Status
Not open for further replies.

handle87

Programmer
Jun 27, 2005
CA
Hi,
Does anyone know how to upload files using a PDA with Blazer 4.0 as the web browser?

Any suggestions?

CES

CES-

I looked up Blazer on palm's website and they advertise "Extensive support for web standards" and then give a whole list of what they claim to support. Based on that I would say that any average upload script would work just fine.

However I have never use a palm pilot so I dont know how the filesystem works. For a quick test go to a webmail site and try and upload an attachment. If it works then you should have no problem with a normal file upload script.

Robert Carpenter
"Disobedience to conscience is voluntary; bad poetry, on the other hand, is usually not made on purpose." - C.S. Lewis (Preface to Paradise Lost)
ô¿ô

Hi,
Thanks for the response.

The problem is that the browse button is not being displayed?

Anyone have any ideas?

CES

CES-

If the browse button is not being displayed then I would surmise that the browsers implementation is not as complete as they advertise.

This could be due to the lack of ordinary file system on the Palm OS (remember I have not used one of these since m100....).

Take a look around in the browser and palm system settings menus and make sure that there is nothing disabling this feature. Then you might look into a different browser.

Good luck!

Robert Carpenter
"Disobedience to conscience is voluntary; bad poetry, on the other hand, is usually not made on purpose." - C.S. Lewis (Preface to Paradise Lost)
ô¿ô

A last note-

I didnt think of this until just after I hit the submit button but you might try posting in the palm os forum: forum601

Robert Carpenter
ô¿ô

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back