Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uploading COM component on a web server

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweta

Programmer
Apr 1, 2003
IN
Hi all,

I have to upload a COM component on a web server. It's a Dll created using Visual BAsic.
Can anybody tell me what exactly needs to be done to upload it on the web server.
I think I got to ftp the dll on the web server and then register it on the server using COM+.
Is there anything else that needs to be taken care of.

Thanks,
Sweta

It's been a while since I've done this, but I believe that to be correct. Once you have created the .dll, you should be able to move it to the web server and then register it. Once that is done, you should be able to reference/instantiate it in your application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back