Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

uploading and emailing

Status
Not open for further replies.

p3boy

Programmer
Nov 19, 2004
US
I am using the following asp script to upload files from a website. To this form, I would also like to add fields including two radio buttons, name, phone number, email address, password, and comments that will all be emailed to me at the same time as the files are uploaded. Can this be done?

<HTML>
<head>
<script language = "JavaScript">
location.replace("</script >
</head>

<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">

<%
Set Upload = Server.CreateObject("Persits.Upload.1")
Count = Upload.Save("D:\webroot\FullTiltRoot\dplabs\clientftp")

%>

<% = Count %> files uploaded.

</BODY>
</HTML>

Good Day,

I've been asking this question in the General Database forume, and was advised that maybe I should get help here...here is the situation...

I have a website for former alumni to register at. I am building an Access database with this information. I want to put this Access database on to my website (someone suggested it should be ASP? but how do I do that?)...Once the database is uploaded to the website, I need the users to be able to search the database by using boolean expressions.....however, I want to Hide (*****) everyones email address (privacy policy)....

If some one want to email Bob Jones, I want them to be able to click on an 'email this person' link and send them an email...WITHOUT divulging the recepients email address

IS THIS A PIPE DREAM? Someone mentioned using Sendmail program for this? I'm not familiar with it..

At any rate, this is a project I'd like to finish up by the end of next week so I can move on....it's a voluntary thing..as I'm helping two former alumni build the site

Thanks, any help is appreciated..even if I need to give you access to the website to do it, I'll do that also..

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back