Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upload WAV-file to NuPoint as greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbijen

Technical User
Jun 25, 2003
NL
In thread1329-1666340 acskmk asked if it was possible to upload a WAV-file to NuPoint in stead of recording greetings via de TUI.
There were no replies and I was looking for a solution to the same problem. Since I couldn't find an answer, I successfully tried the following "work-around".

In Intelligent Queue (6160 IQ), I uploaded a pre-recorded WAV-file and configured it as a greeting. The WAV starts with 3 seconds of silence (explained later).
Next, I set up an interactive tree, with option "7" to play the uploaded greeting.

The NuPoint TUI option 8 - 4 takes you to the recording menu, after which option 7 (...) starts recording the message.
Just after pressing 8 - 4, I set up a conference with the IQ call flow described above. When pressing "7", both IQ and NuPoint receive the digit: NuPoint prompts to start recording the message and IQ starts playing the message. MUTE your microphone for best results!

When finished, press any digit to stop the recording and SPLIT the conference. The recording is saved and no conversion- or background noise is introduced in the proces!

If anyone has a better way to use WAV-files within NuPoint, I would love to hear about it, since this method requires quite a bit of timing and preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back