Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upload Voicemail Prompt File

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFitzgeraldDurham

Technical User
Sep 29, 2017
US
I'm working to resolve an issue remotely and I'm trying to upload a WAV file with a new greeting prompt. I'm using Call Pilot manager built into the BCM50. I can select the file and select send. It looks like its processing, but doesn't import the file. What am I doing wrong?

Alternatively, what I can do to forward my extension to my cell phone so I can record the voice prompt? Unfortunately, no one in my office is able to do it.

Thanks

You need to use a sound file converter such as Gold Wave etc to change the file so that it's set to 8 bit mono and you might need to change the file length to no more than 8 characters.

I have attached an old "funny" music file that is in my own BCM 50 system as music on hold that you can try and check the attributes with.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

LOL

I have it as:
Bit rate 8 khz
Audio sample size = 16 bit
Channels - 1(mono)
Audio Format -PCM

I have been using Audacity lately and here are some other notes to setup input/output:
Audacity:
(Edit/Prefrences/Devices)
Audio Host - Windows Direct Sound
Output - Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Input - Primary Sound Capture Driver
Input Channels - 2(Stereo)

Project Rate 44100 Hz

Use 8000 for Callpilot recordings

As for remote instead of putting in a DN # you can put in a phone number (with dest/pool code).

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back