Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upload, then page not viewable, shows root directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdrew00

Technical User
Jan 29, 2004
Hey everyone, I am by no means a web desginer, but i created an html page with two graphics, I uploaded to a server, I think its an apache, but it won't show, and the image links are correct, because if upload a template from frontpage, it works fine, but one page won't. any ideas or further questions so i can clarify the issue?

Make sure you're uploading to the correct directory on the server. It's not always obvious.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

it is the correct directory, because if i upload a different page it works

Sorry. Check to see if you're using the same name for the page. Uppercase and lowercase matter on linux / apache - don't matter as much on IIS. i.e. Index.htm is different from index.HTM. The same thing applies to your graphics. ME.jpg is not the same as me.jpg.
Good luck.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back