Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upload Scripts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsjwilson4

Programmer
Jul 20, 2008
US
I am creating a website for a client of mine and am having some trouble... He is an accountant and was a file transfer on his site, so that clients can send him their files, and he can send them back... I have had a lot of exp with ecommerce but file transfers I am not so sure of... Can anyone tell me how to do this so that it uploads to his server than he can retrieve it and send it back!!! Thanks would be greatly appreciated... The only thing I have figured out on it is the Browse button html... the rest I am CLUELESS!!!! Thanks for your help

Hi and welcome to Tek-Tips. Please read faq222-2244 to see how to get the best from these forums.

There seems to be 2 simple alternatives for this question.

1. Email using mailto:

2. Upload using a form with an input type of 'file' and some server-side code (PHP, ASP or whatever your server supports) to process that form.

Steam Engine Prints

I appreciate your help... I just do not understand how to even write the script for this. I have been racking my brain all day, and I know it is possible I see it on various sites, where an upload of a file is possible...

Does anyone have any idea how to write the script for this?

I have everything else in the site done, just need this part of it and I can not seem to land my finger on it.

I was told that I could create and ftp upload into the server, but I am not sure at all how to do any of this... Any help would be much appreciated

Well, depending on what programming language you use (Coldfusion, ASP, PHP, etc) you can do a google search for 'file upload code' and get many results. Look through it carefully so you can modify it to your needs.

We need to know what language you are using. You will get more detailed help if you now post in the specific forum for your server-side language.
forum434
forum333
forum232

Steam Engine Prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back