Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upload restriction for html files in content server

Status
Not open for further replies.

RajPesari

Technical User
Mar 3, 2024
SA
Hi
we are having opentext content server 16.2.7 version installed. We have an issue while uploading html files.
We are able to upload in staging environment but unable to upload in prod environment.
Verified all the configurations and they are similar in both environments.
can anyone help/assist to resolve this issue please.

Thanks in advance
Raj

You should look at each server's configuration separately because it is not a DB entry. I would concentrate on looking at the folder you may have defined for upload so if it says E:\upload it should be allowed to the world. If you work in an organization where AD/LDAP users come in then one should put "Authenticated Users" with writeable aspects. When a user uploads a file it goes into this place temporarily and then gets transferred by the service user to the final storage. If OTAS is your final destination see if you are having problems by turning on the EASP logs to debug

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Hi Appoos,

I verified the configuration and ensured that upload directory has all required permissions.
Our users come from AD/LDAP, where i need to updated the "Authenticated Users" with write permissions in IIS.
We have OTAS as final destination for document storage and i didn't observed any error reported when tried to upload html file.

Can you please assist further, where i can verify further configuration, i even raised a OT support ticket but they didn't find any issue in configuration.

Regards
Raj

so tell me this what happens?
[ol 1]
[li]Yours URL is the URL of the server which is having problem you have made sure it is not a LB'd URL
[/li]
When you add a Document and you have easp set to full debug
What do you see in the GUI does it add the document or an error?
[/ol]

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back