Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upload pre-recorded greetings in personal voicemailbox or huntgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwindeBoer

Technical User
Jul 5, 2013
NL
Hello,

This shouldn't be that hard but can't find a solution how to do the following.

I've got an Avaya IP Office server 9.0 with VMPro.

The customer wants to use professional greetings in te mailbox of the users.
I can't find a way to do this.

I tried to record a greeting first and replace the file via WINscp in the folder, but the system doesn't reconize the file after this action.

Has anyone an idea how to do this?

Thank you.

Regards,
Edwin

het is gemakkelijk hoor.

In the VM Pro client navigate to the Deafault start points, open the "leave" start point, add a generic action and select the proffessional recording, add a ction "Leave mail" and leave the target to its default value.
That will give the same message for all voicemailboxes including groups.

If a user records another greeting then it will be ignored because of the above programming.

Leave Action will play the mailbox greeting as well (if they haven't changed that recently), you can use Listen Action and put the message there with mc_00.wav for beep.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

in the default action you can use the record option with the prompt playing then it will do the beep by itself.

OR
if you want to do more work

upload the greeting with different names
User1_1
User2_1
User3_1

where User1 etc is the mailbox name and then just activate it from the mailbox, that way you can adjust if needed for vacation greetings and go back without a big issue.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back