Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upload issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

meckeard

Programmer
Aug 17, 2001
US
I have a very old classic ASP upload page that works for me but hardly any one else within my company. No errors are generated but their documents don't get uploaded.

The only difference between me and everyone else is that I'm a local admin on the web server. So to check if this was permissions related, I had my boss added as a local admin and sure enough he was then able to upload a document (he wasn't before this change).

This issue started within the last 6 months although the site has been in existence for close to 6 years and working properly. No other issues exist that I'm aware of.

I checked the security on the folder on the HDD that stores the uploaded documents and it has the following users, all with full access:

servername\administ rators
servername\aspnet
everyone
servername\iusr_ servername

Full access is just on this folder to help trouble shoot this issue.

Why does this work for the local admins and no one else if all users have full control on the folder? It may be worth mentioning that this site is not set up to allow anonymous browsing - integrated windows authentication is enabled so that I can ID each visitor from an AD-like database of employee info. It's on Win2k server, IIS 5, classic ASP pages running under .net 1.1 site in IIS.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back