Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upload image in a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

campia

Technical User
Apr 20, 2007
BE
On a folder i store a few logos that i would like to upload in my report depending on the value i select in my parameter field "Company". How can i do it?

Thanks.

André

I know that this is available in XI and 2008, but I'm not sure about any earlier versions.

1. Put a Picture object on your report and set it to show one of your files.

2. Right-click on the image and select Format Graphic.

3. Go to the Picture Tab and click on the formula button by "Graphic Location".

4. Enter the formula that determines which graphic need to be shown on the report.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Our cViewIMAGE utility can load a dynamic image from a folder and has a couple of useful features not avaialble in the CR XI/2008 dynamic images.

It is available for CR 8.5 and later. Can't access the COM driver it uses in versions older than 8.5

Download a trial version from our web site.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

If your logos are constant and you want to select different logos for different conditions then do either of these..

Insert a picture on your report -> right click it and select format graphic -> click formula button beside graphic location on picture tab and then write the conditional formula (If-Then-Else or Select Case)
for ex:- if {Cust.country}="USA" then "C:\US.jpg"
else if {Cust.country="Canada" then "C:\Canada.jpg"

OR

Insert the pictures on the section you want to display and then conditionally suppress that section...

Hope it helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back