Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UPLOAD files to a virtual directory in my web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon21

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2002
CA
Hi, i'm trying to set-up a web site with some vitual directories where the permissions are controlled by windows (integrated authentification).

Everything is right expect for one thing:

the clients don't have a FTP folder view of the files and the directories structures, they can't easily upload and download files by drag-and-drop operations.

Is there's a way to do it with windows 2000 or windows.NET ?

Thanks for your help.

I am attempting to do the very same thing. I got it to work internally via the intranet, but cant connect to them from the internet, even though I routed port 21 to my server machine. I'd love to get this working, any help would be greatly appreciated.
dave

I'm assuming you installed the FTP server when you loaded IIS? I've gotten this to work by installing the FTP server in Add Remove Programs under the Control panel (under Internet Information Services IIS), and then setting the Home Directory to where I want the files to be uploaded, and managing security by adding FTP site operators on the Security Accounts tab.

I took it a step further by adding a hyperlink to our FTP server's public IP address, and allowing my users to upload files via the link on our website.

Hopefully helpful
-Damon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back