Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upload Document to WSS 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

earljgray

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2002
US
Basios
==========
Windows XP SP 3
Corp Network
WSS 3.0
IE8
==========

I've been uploading documents to our corp site for several months when, as of last week, the ability to upload ceased. I have (according to the IT people) full access to that particular site...

There is NO ERROR when attempting to upload a file:

Steps:
-> Click ADD DOCUMENT from Site Home
-> The UPLOAD DOCUMENT window appears
-> BROWSE to add document for single upload
-> Fill in Version Comment
-> Click OK

Nothing - the OK button 'clicks', but the next screen requiring all the support info does not appear. Tried clicking on the SITE ACTIONS menu - no response - as if the links were dead. No errors - the browser is NOT hung up - I can click back and navigate fine. Other Sharepoint links work perfectly - but the UPLOAD DOCUMENT button lies dormant. This is a new phenomenon!

I moved to another PC, logged on with my corp ID/pwd, brought up Sharepoint, and was able to upload the document. Since these are Corp Computers, there is little differernce between and among! My own PC won't (it appears) allow me to update...

IT Help desk is at a loss. Ran all the MS Office diags, etc.... nothing.
Running IE8 inm compatability mode - nothing
Reboots on the computer? Numerous

In short, what was working before does not seem to work now...

Hoping the community can provide an answer - or at least a pointer in which way to look!

Thanks

Crystal Reports Design/training/Consultation
ecsdata@ecsdata.com

Hi, if you have mixed versions of office software on your pc like office 2003 and visio 2007 for example or any other combinations. install -kb938888

this should take care of this.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if this resolve your issue

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back