Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgrading to Presentation Server 4.5 and user profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrey

MIS
Apr 11, 2007
US
We are thinking to upgrade our Presentation server 4.0 small farm running on windows 2k3 standard to a presentation server 4.5 on windows 2k3 enterprise edition. Instead of an in place upgrade, I am planing to built the new far from scratch then move the user to the new one. The question is, can I just copy the local profile that the users have in the old server 2k3 where the old farm is to the new servers? is there something else that I should consider before I do the upgrade and try to move user using the copy profile option from windows?

Thanks.

The simple answer to your question is yes...

This result comes from understanding User Profiles...

If there is no user based configuration data stored in the profiles then you don't need to copy them @ all...

If there is user based configuration data in the profile and it is registry based only...just copy the ntuser.dat files

If not registry based...copy the appropriate files/folders (probably "application data/App Name")

If it's both...then you should just copy the whole profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back