Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading to IE 5, 5.5 or 6 french version 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentBob78

Technical User
Feb 21, 2002
CA
I've had to upgrade 3 computers where i work and i've had the same promblems while upgrading the two that used a french version.

Even if you download the french version from Microsoft's site you'll get a CAPI error after restarting your computer during the security installation saying your rsabase.dll file hasthe wrong signature. And you'll notice that your Cypher Strenght is 0-bits.

To fix this problem you need to find your rsaenh.dll file and check the language version, which will probably be english, you need to get the french version and copy/paste it into the same folder, (remember to rename the engligh version to rsaenh.old before. Then so to start, run and type [path]regsvr32 [path]rsaenh.dll. That will register it into the registry and allow the security portion of the IE update to install. restart your computer and check your cypher strenght.

It might been a good idea to copy the following files before you upgrade IE:
Rsabase.dll
Rsaenh.dll
Schannel.dll The more I work with computers the more I think i should of raised gerbils instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back