Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading to HP-UX 11.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhiraman

Technical User
Aug 31, 2006
US
Hello everyone, any advice would be greatly helpful. We are currently running HP-UX 11.11 with Oralce databaes on 9i and Oracle Application level 11.5.x.

We are looking to upgrade our database level to 10G and also the OS platform of HP-UX. The DBAs here are telling the UNIX people that we can not upgrade to HP-UX 11.31 because the Application 11.5. will not work with 11.31; Is that true?

I ready hate to have to spend money to move to HP-UX 11.23 with the end of life is 2013. It just does not make sense.

ANy HELP?

AFAIK Oracle will only support 10g on 11.23 and 11g on 11.31. 10g is going out of support very soon (although they very generously offer to extend that support period as long as you like, for a massive fee of course); have you considered going to 11g on 11.31?

Do you currently use any additional volume management software such as Symantec/Veritas VM?

Annihilannic.

I do believe that we have Veritas VM, if not then def ES VMWARE.

So it is pointless, to goto 10G. Also, our DBAs are telling me that 10G will run on 11.11...

They (DBAs) are telling me that 10G is the way to go, that 11G will create too many problems.

Thanks!

Do you mean VMWare ESX? That is not a volume manager, and certainly nothing to do with HP-UX.

I just re-read your question and realised that your main query was about Oracle Applications 11.5. Sorry, I don't know anything about what platforms that is supported on.

I can't confirm whether 10g will run on 11.11; I don't think we have tried that combination.

Annihilannic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back