Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading to Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1per

Technical User
Jun 4, 2004
CA
Hi,
I was wondering what part of the upgrade can be done during work hours to prepare for the actual upgrade after hours? Or if I do it during work hours how long will mail be down?

Are you doing an inplace upgrade or will you be moving to new hardware?
-Paul

you can do the \i386\setup\setup.exe /forestprep and the \i386\setup\setup.exe /domainprep at any time. same goes for win2k3 server

the rest I I guess do on off hours cause users will not have access to it at that point. thanks I appreciate the help.

Just something for you to think about....I just did a move/migration from 5.5 to 2003. I did everything during business hours, although I should have waited for the actually "Move mailbox" part, that caused some conflicts but other than that, all was well.

thanks I apprecite that was there any degradation in performance?

I went from a 5.5 box to a new 2003 box. Yes, as I was moving them, the mailboxes were locked. Although the boxes still on 5.5 or already on W2K3, seem to work find during the move.

thanks I think I will make the move next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back