Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading to BE version 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkaartama

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2004
FI
Hi,

I am about to upgrade my current BE version 9.1 to version 10 on my Windows 2003 server.

Before doing this I would appreciate if anyone has any experience in doing the upgrade? It seems that upgrading from 8.6 to 9.1 has not been easy. If the same goes for upgrading from 9.1 to 10, I would like to know what I can expect.

Thanks,
Tomi

We have just upgraded from v8.6 to v10.0 and it went surprisingly smoothly. All jobs, settings, etc. were migrated from one version to another but I did have to go through all the jobs afterwards as some parameters had not been transferred properly,eg. the backup device was not the correct one and had to be changed, Exchange mailboxes we had previously unchecked for backup had mysteriously been checked , etc. It's just a matter of double-checking everything.
The one outstanding problem though, is with an Oracle Agent we have on a remote server. We can't get BE10 to recognise the v10 Oracle Agent! I have a thread running on this forum for that one.
I hope this has been helpful. I think you just have to grit your teeth and go for it!

i just went from 9.1 to 10 at home and also at a client. my 9.1 at home was an upgrade and it went very smoothly. just don't forget to uninstall the old remote agents before trying to install the new ones for 10.

the install at my client was basically a clean 10 as i had to completely uninstall 9.1. don't ask.

Thanks for your answers. If I need to remove the old agents first, would I need to reboot the servers also before installing the new version 10 agents? I am specifically interested in the MS Exchange agent.

T: Tomi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back