Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading to AT&T 10Mb Metro E circuit, but have questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badtech

Technical User
Dec 11, 2005
US
I'm currently in the process of upgrading a T1 frame relay circuit to AT&T Metro-E circuit, but I am not sure what WIC to use on my Cisco 2821XM router. I have already googled this but was unable to find any valid info. Has any one already performed this upgrade, and if so, what module was needed and what changes in config were needed that differ from a frame T1. Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Well as the name eludes , they hand you off the connection as Ethernet. You will want to ensure they are handing it off as copper and not fiber, but seeing that the speed is 10mb it should be copper. Your 2821 already has 2 Ethernet ports and you could use one if its available.

Is this 10mb to the internet or a site to site connection?

this will be a site to site connection. thanks for the quick response.

If its a site to site, then you don't need a router ... hence the term metro ethernet. Do you use vlans on your internal network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back