Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading to arcserve 6.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

graver

MIS
Nov 6, 2000
US
I am currently running arcserve 6 on a netware 4.11 server...We are purchasing a new serve to house our anti-virus software as well as our backup software....how do I go about installing arcserve on the new server.....and after i install it on the new server how do i delete it off my 4.11 box?

Be sure you know the facts about your tape drive and SCSI board and find out what kind of drivers you need. Pop the CD into your workstation and install the program. It is mostly pretty straightforward. In my experience, when it comes time to choose between shared or ASPI and non-shared, ASPI is your better bet. Note what nlms it says will be required and make sure that those are getting loaded in startup or autoexec. I have found that most of the problems with getting ARCserve for NetWare to run are caused by not having the right modules loaded. You may have to play around with this some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back