Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading to 4.0 by replacing HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pit36

Vendor
Apr 2, 2005
US
Hi all, my customer has decided to upgrade to 4.0 by replacing the drive. My physical memory is at 256MB and has a MSC "A" with two MSPEC 3. I understand reprogramming of VM and CC is required. Now what I need to know is:

Does Telephony services stay, or do I need to reprogram (the documentation mentioned something about "cold start" telephony services)?

Do I need to be aware of anything else, such as 4.0 validating my keycodes?

Any help is appreciated!

This is a bad idea. The usual upgrade path (i.e. using 3.6/3.7 to 4.0 kit) applies a series of updates including a BIOS update to the system. Also, your keycodes will NOT work in 4.0. You need to have them converted to a 4.0 .lic file, which is done when you have the upgrade kit keycode registered on KRS against your BCM. In other words, don't do it, use the upgrade kit. Your customer won't be happy.

Thanks for the sugestion painofdeath!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back