Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading to 2.8 on 4600 phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCardMan

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2002
US
What is the process to upgrade to 2.8? How can you tell what you are on now? When I status a 4610 I seee Product ID & Release and it says 2.4. Will all phones be the same and is this a global upgrade or can you do phone by phone? Is it service affecting?

I have some phones that continually show "connecting to DHCP server" and it was suggested I go to 2.8.

Is there anywhere in the S8720 that shows the target of the DHCP server?

Thanx.

You can see all you IP phone information by using the command

list registration

you will see your release, extension, network region and clan card you are connecting with.

You have to load the new release on the TFTP server that is designated in your DHCP scope under option 176. Option 176 has all the registration information. On the new 9600 sets, I believe it's Option 172 just in case you ever add some...

The Voice and Data subnets should be administered on the ip-network-map screed and have the correct network region to assure the correct codec is being used...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back