Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

latinj

Vendor
Dec 1, 2005
US
I have a MICS 4.0 with an M12x0 exspansion and I need to upgrade to 7.0 my problem is that I have never done this on a Nortel switch , my question is besides the laptop and the 7.0 software what other hardware do I need to preform this and I would like to know the procedure ,If this works out my customer has a few more switches that needs to be upgraded

You will need the 4.1 upgrade tool and the 7.0 upgrade tool. If you don't care about reprogramming the entire switch, do a "startup".

The upgrade tool is MICS R6.1 software. Once you're at 6.1 you can then go to R7.1. It's also strongly recommended to upgrade the NVRAM cartridge to R2. Whoever you buy the R7.1 software from should be able to loan you a R6.1 software card to perform the upgrade.

Brian Cox

From 4.0, I usually go to 4.1, then 6.1, then 7.1.

Note, though, today I was upgrading from R1T1. My first step to 2.0XC kept programming. Going from 2.0XC to 4.1XC dumped everything. I anticipated reprogramming, but it was a little disappointing having to spend the day rebuilding the system.

My lesson- make sure you have a good backup, pen and paper, or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back