Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading shared library on weblogic 9.2 without redeploying

Status
Not open for further replies.

deep2010

Programmer
Oct 4, 2010
US
I created a shared library - testing.war and this is deployed to weblogic 9.2 with manifest file as
Manifest-Version: 1.1
Specification-Version: 1
Extension-Name: testing
Implementation-Version: 1

A referencing application TestProject.war is deployed and it works fine.

I need to modify shared library methods and deploy this new version of library for the TestProject.war application to start referencing the new library.
Created a new library with same name - testing.war but updated the versions on manifest file as
Manifest-Version: 1.1
Specification-Version: 2
Extension-Name: testing
Implementation-Version: 2

The requirement is : the application TestProject.war has to pick up the new version of library without the need to redeploy the application. how can we acheive this?

I'm not sure that can be done. You're deploying a new version of the library, so if you don't tell the application to use it, I don't think it will do.

Maybe just redeploying your library will do the trick. If not, you can link the application to the new version and redeploy it. It shouldn't hurt.

Cheers,
Dian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back