Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading SBS 2003 to SBS 2003 Premium Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBeebe

Technical User
May 17, 2005
GB
Hi There,

I currently manage a SBS 2003 server for my company. We are looking at installing Microsoft CRM 3.0 on our system, but for this we need to upgrade to SBS 2003 Premium Edition.

I have been reading the microsoft wwalk through for an upgrade but i have a couple of questions i hope people may be able to help me with.

When i upgrade the server will it remember the AD and settings? Or will this all have to be reconfigured? I am worried that because i havent set up this server that i may struggle slightly to set it up from scratch again.

So basically I want to know if upgrading the server will effect any installed programs such as sage and the exchange and domain settings?

Look forwadr to your replies and thank you for your help in this matter.

Paul

With SBS Premium you get an extra CD which has the extra components on it such as SQL. You can install whatever components you want.
It should not change or break your existing SBS 2003 installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back