Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgrading s8300 with g430 rel 5.2.0 to 5.2.1 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdisatech

Technical User
Jan 3, 2007
US
upgraded a s8300 with g430 rel 5.2.0 to 5.2.1 and now none of the 9620 ip-phones will register. Now all the phones have HTTP: 1-500 on the screen. They are getting an ip-address from the DHCP working off the G430 but will not register. Any help would be appreciated. Waiting patiently for a call back from Avaya.

Yes, that can happen. Power down the entire G430 (after shutting down the S8300C/D), then power it back on, it will probably work then. I have had/seen this issue before.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

we tried that it didnt make a difference. The solution came from Avaya tier 3 and was as follows Cause :

When we upgrade CM software, system deactivates HTTP/HTTPS RPMs.

Solution:

Download RPM/IP phone firmware bundle files (*.tar) from the support web site and install on the server to support HTTP/HTTPS file transfers.

thanks for trying

I assumed you would have put back the 9600 firmware in the /tftpboot directory (if you where using the S8300 as a fileserver), as upgrading from any version of CM to any other version of CM, the /tftpboot directory is deleted, and set up again by the new CM load. I aqlways backup the /tftpboot directory with "WinSCP", to a local PC, then restore it after an upgrade. I assume everyone knew they had to do this :)

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back