Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading RAM on laptop HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

alesyachm

Vendor
Jan 29, 2020
US
Hello

I want to upgrade the memory in a laptop HP Pavilion 15-N208TX, but I don’t know which module to choose?

I want to add an 8GB memory module, the maximum amount of 12,
4 already stands with a notebook

Question: is it possible 4 + 8 = 12 or the number of memory in the slots should be the same 6 + 6 = 12

Crucial says maximum amount of RAM = 16. You can do any combination. You should look at the RAM you've got and try to match the speed of the old RAM. Mainly you don't want any SLOWER RAM. It will run at the speed of the slowest. I might just buy 8 and call it a day.

The bigger upgrade would be a solid state drive. RAM only increases perceived performance by maybe 20%. An SSD increases performance by 70% - seat of the pants feel, boot time and program opening.

Link

Whatever you do first of all check whether your ram that you want to install is compatible with your device or not. I once installed a wrong ram and my slot got damaged.

Graphic Designer at background removal service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back