Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgrading OUTLOOK

Status
Not open for further replies.

XO

Programmer
Dec 13, 2002
US
Hi:

My boss wants to upgrade from Outlook 97 to 2000 on his W98 laptop and we want to know if by doing the upgrade will we have to re-do all of his e-mail settings such as the dial-up networking preferences and offline folders and auto signature and such. Any help would be appreciated.

If you are upgrading on the same machine Outlook should (again that is a should) pick up the profile information since that information is in the registry. As far as personal settings such as customizations to the toolbar and preferences such as signatures I believe that will need to be reset to whatever are the preferred options.

If client is using Inbox Assistant that are client-based instead of Rules Wizard those may not come over.

I certainly though would note all the customer profiles information and settings before just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back