Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading MiCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

12345kevin

Vendor
Feb 15, 2006
GB
We have a customer who is currently on CCM 5.7. They have configured a new server with the prerequisites for the latest Version 8. However as far as I can tell there is no upgrade direct to this level from 5.7.

has anyone done this and discovered the easiest process ?

I've just skimmed the release notes for 6, 7 & 8 but they don't appear to mention version 5 although I will read them more thoroughly later.

I guess the best way would be to go via 6 although i'm not sure if either the old server or the new server will be suitable, will need to check the pre reqs

I have done similar - you need to take it to 5.8 FP 9 then to 6.0.3.0 then it can go to 8.0.1.0

I use a temp server to convert the databases and do the SQL upgrades and then backup/ restore this data to the final server

you will need a new installation code from mitel; as the existing once can only bve registered twice

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Hello ,
I want to migrate Micc licenses from 6.0 to 8.1, anyone know how on AMC ?

Thanks

After upgrading to 8.0 send a request, including the site key, to amc_accounts@mitel.com requesting to move the site key to the AMC. It will appear about 48 hours later in the AMC under a customer called " pFyre sites migrated to the AMC". You can then move the record to the correct customer name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back