Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading Mcafee to V6.02.3000 opn Win XP UK (Dutch regional settings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvsandwijk

Technical User
Jul 17, 2002
NL
The problem is encountered was that, after upgrading VS6 on my WinXPpro UK with regional Settings Dutch, to v6.02.3000 with the Instant updater. After I rebooted my machine the central did not appear when i tried to start it manualy.

Solution :

Find the centNLD.dll (or Other like DEU,FRA...) in C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Shared Components\Central and remove the centNLD.dll . Just delete it. After you have done that the central is starting up just fine because now it is using the default centENU.dll.

The reason why it would not start is that the instant updater is checking you regional settings for the update that you need. (Little bug, mcafee is now aware of it) and is downloading the new central file for you region. Because you are using the UK version it is not registered correctly. SO JUST REMOVE the CENTNLD.DLL.

Problem solved
[2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back