Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading MAS with UCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwbMitel

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
CA
I am looking to upgrade a vMAS to keep current with the vMCD

With respect the UCA, can anyone tell me if the existing UCA clients that are running on the users PC's will continue to function until they can be replaced with the updated client?

MAS - 4.0.227
MSL - 9.4
UCA - 5.1

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

The first time the clients connect after the MAS/UCA upgrade, the server will offer to upgrade the client too. Unless you have something on the network blocking automatic upgrade, you should be good to go.

Pretty sure the users can also cancel the upgrade and continue to use the old version if required.
Obviously there may be some operational problems when running the old client on a new server.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Both times Our site has upgraded , the clients were upgraded very smoothly as we are on 6.0 SP1 as of today ( Installed a year ago and 2 upgrades ) . We are in the process of planning our next step as I am upgrading our Call Center ( PraireFyre ) to 6.0.3.0 which will upgrade our Agents and Salesforce folks client software automatically as well . As for UCA , The only issue I have with UCA is that it is not a solid program . It seems a bit flakey on set up so I would plan on rebooting after you upgrade or keep an eye on issues of users that should be working and are not ( programmed correctly but unable to function ) . after performing a bit of programming , It loves being rebooted and comes back up fine . One issue I found with our UCA is that it needs more Virtual Memory and we are planning to resolve that ASAP . I had a few Clients that after set up did not work ( No lines available , Unable to recognize tel dn ) Flakey stuff like that ! Funny thing is that once it is working , it DOES stay working on the client's pc !

One other mention is that we are starting to plan for a Version 7 possibly 7.1 upgrade pretty soon . I was told today that the UCA clients may have to be manually upgraded instead of automatically after the upgrade so we will watch out for that too !!

Every user running UCA client will be offered to be upgraded when they re-open their client. If your current UCA has been operating without any known network issues then you will be fine.

Technology is going to kill us all!

Thx ehecatl72

Thats what I thought but you hear some chatter ..........

Appreciate it

Thx

Rich

There appears to be some consensus here in that it should be ok.

Thanks everyone.

Now off to convince the customer to purchase SWI

I would think as long as the jump isn't too great then it would be ok. We get warnings the MAS is being upgraded and next day typically when launching see the notification of a new client load. Usually apply it and all is well. I have never not upgraded to see if the old version still functions.

You can't duct tape stupid.

The upgrade took place and everything was exactly as described.

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back