Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading Macola ES from 500 to 700

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnhart

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2006
US
Hi folks! We are planning on upgrading our production Macola environment from ES 500 to 700 this weekend and I have a basic question I thought I'd ask here. Could you verify I'm on the right track?

For testing, we duplicated our database/client environments in several VM machines and have run it for a few months, testing all our flex code, business processes, etc. After duplicating our production environment (including changing the new wupdate.ini file to point to the new database server) we ran the netupdate process to update the macolaes program share on the new virtual machine from x.500 to x.700, then installed a client and updated the new databases to 700. (and in fact have restored the databases several times and updated them with no issues)

For our move into production, rather than going through the "netupdate" process again on the production server, I want to just copy over the files in the "new" macolaes share from our VM machine to our production machine, and change the "wupdate.ini" file so that it points back to our production database. (then update the databases as normal, then let the clients roll out)

Will this work ok? Am I missing anything that should be updated besides the wupdate.ini file in the bin directory of the new distribution?

Thanks for any advice you can give,
Shawn.

Just an update, this process worked fine (upgrade occurred in less than 5 minutes).

Only issue we had was that 64 bit clients needed the Macole.DLL re-registered to the program files (x86) folder.. (it would be great if it was possible to automatically add a batch file to the update to make that happen!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back