Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading LSP's to 2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2004
US
Hi,
I have an S8700 with 7 G700/S8300's. I would like to upgrade 4 of the the LSP's to 2.2. The oldest is moving from 2.0. Everyone I've spoken to about this tells me I have to load the 2.2 CD from the local CD drive at the gateway. I'm convinced that this is the only way to load the new software. I understand that licensing files will need to be reloaded. I'm a little nervous about performing this myself.
Has anyone else performed this upgrade? Was it problematic?What advice would you have?
Thanks

If you have the CD, you can upload the software from your personal computer using the LSP's maintenance page. When you click on the 'upgrade software' link, the browser should find the new software. Assuming you aren't enabling any new features, a new license file is not necessary. For tips check out

Click below for S8700 Media Server information

Just check for any pre-upgrade patches that may need to be installed before attempting the upgrade...

I think you should install patch 7506 BEFORE the upgrade..

No license or password files need to be re-loaded...

Petran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back