Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading IPCC / CCX to version 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuditSimon

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2007
GB
We're currently running IPCC Express Enhanced 4.0(3). We're going to be upgrading to CUCM 7.x in the next few months and need to upgrade IPCC / CCX to a compatible version (ideally version 7.x)

I can't find any kind of upgrade path from 4.0(3) on the Cisco site and wondered how I would go about doing it.

I can get from 4.0(3) to 4.1, but no further. I can get from 4.0(3) to 6.0, but no further, and it looks like the only way to get to CCX 7 is from either 4.5 or 5.x.

Any suggestions, or how have others done this ?

I just went though the exact same upgrade and the answer is there is no upgrade, you need to build CCX 7.X from scratch. You can reuse the scripts but everything else is a complete redo. You can export and then import historical report data but even then you must be comming from CCX 4.0.5

Although it's not in the officially supported versions, does anyone know whether UCCX 7.x works with CCM 4.1(3) ?

I've got to upgrade both to version 7, but would prefer to do CCX over one weekend, and then CCM the next, rather than try and do both together.

It will not work. You will have to do both at one shot or get new servers, upgrade in a lab environment side by side with the 4.X. Once done, bring it live and test it. If no issues stay on the new version, or roll back until issues are resolved.
If new hardware is not an option then it's just going to be a long weekend and a longer outage.

You can at least purchase new drives so if the upgrade goes south you can swap back to the old drives and you are right were you started. Harddrives are pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back