Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading from PageMill 3 to ??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabataea

Technical User
Dec 16, 2004
CA
Has anyone any experience in upgrading to another editor from Pagemill? My site was created in Pagemill 3.0. It now has over 500 webpages, and thousands of graphics. I would like to edit the site, and use more modern tools. Does anyone know of a good upgrade path? I've tried several software packages, but they all require that you build from scratch... rather than opening or importing an existing site.

Thanks

Hi, nabataea,

PML is, in IT terms, ancient.
Adobe did offer an upgrade to GoLive5 at a discount, but GoLive7 is well established now.

> > I've tried several software packages, but they all require that you build from scratch... rather than opening or importing an existing site.

I'm by no means a webpage guru, but GL and Dreamweaver will open the pages created with PML. The problem is PML used old versions of HTML, and GL and DW expect newer versions, so there will be errors.

Try posting your question here for more definitive advice:
AdobeForums GoLive Windows

Iechtd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back