Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading from NGX R60 to R61 to R62

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegTellis

MIS
Jul 10, 2006
US
I am having the devil of a time trying to upgrade my Checkpoint version from NGX R60 to R61 and R62. I mention both those versions because A. I am not sure if I need to do one before the other and B. Because neither one of them will work anyway. I am running an IP260 Nokia box so of course I have to do the IPSO package, and I am pretty sure that I am doing it right: in Network Voyager, I go to upgrade image and attempt to ftp and extract my image from my ftp site where i have the R61 or R62 image (.tgz file), it will only get so far and then give me:

Receiving /var/tmp/ipso.tgz (74648556 bytes)74648556 bytes transfered in 8.8 seconds (8247.85 Kbytes/s)
tar: VERSION not found in archive

No version file in /var/tmp/ipso.tgz. Possibly corrupted. Exiting

WHAT does THAT mean? Am I trying to upgrade with the wrong image? If so, what image am I supposed to be using? Or do I not need to upgrade the image, but rather install or unpack my new package, but then I have the same problem when I try to install the package from the same ftp directory??Checkpoints site itself has been LESS than helpful, to say the least.

Any suggestions anyone?

are you sure you have the R60 & 61 images in the ftp directory?

if so remove and then replace.

I have deleted and copied those files on the FTP site multiple times, but continue to get the same error. Something else is wrong, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back