Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading from CS3 to CS5: is my graphics card up to the job? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam577

Technical User
Sep 2, 2003
GB
Hi there,

I need to upgrade my software (to Adobe InDesign CS5 from CS3) and am now looking into the options. Adobe has recommended a 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit video card.

Having looked at the system information of my graphics card on my laptop, I see it is an NVIDIA graphics card (version 83.13), but don't know what the following means.

Graphics card information
Processor: Quadro NVS 110M
Video BIOS: 5.72.22.21.FC
IRQ: 16
Bus: PCI Express x16
Memory: 256MB (64MB dedicated)
ForceWare version: 83.13
TV encoder type: NVIDIA Integrated

I don't know much about graphics cards so was wondering if the above is 16-bit (1280x800 display is available), and if it would be adequate to run Adobe CS5, or would I need to get/install a new one (if that's possible)?

Many thanks,
Sam

Hi

83.13 is the version of the driver you are using not the number of the video adapter.

Quadro MVS 110M is the graphics adapter.
I think you are right on the edge, as far as performance goes.

But I think you will probably be able to run it, this card is designed for this sort of use as opposed to 3D gaming.

You might try checking with Adobe and see if they have a list of supported graphics cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back