Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading from Crystal 8.5 to XI Developer edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverDraft

Programmer
Jul 25, 2005
US
I was surfing the Business Objects Crystal forums and ran across the following:

. . .
[teal]Are there issues converting a report written in 8.5 to XI? When i did one of our reports, the details section and group headers and footers display in the wrong order. They look right in development mode, but when you preview the report it moves the segments around. Plus, sections that are suppressed, don't show but the space they would use if they did display is still there. So there are big holes in the report. Just wondering if converting reports to XI, typically causes these kind of issues.[/teal]
. . .

There were no responses in that forum but I'm posing the same question here. I too am in the process of moving from 8.5 to XI and I'm interested in hearing from others what to expect. (So far our testing hasn't encountered the probelms mentioned above but we've only executed about 6 reports.)

I don't recall that dilema, I think that there are a few minor issues, but overall all it's relatively simple.

I've moved about 50 reports with no significant problems.

-k

We moved from 8.5 to 10 without problems. One report failed, because it had a large number of linked tables and 10 rejected something we'd been getting away with in 8.5

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back