Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading from 8 to 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBITservices

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2015
US
I am upgrading a 8.1 systems to 9.0 (I have the license for both large up to 9.1).

Many may remember my problem back in the day. . .

Well that problem still exists, and then I have been getting my most recent problem:

So I have decided to upgrade to 9.0 and see if any of these problems get resolved. I am looking forward to the ability to call park over the SCN with the new version as well.

So my question is this: Should I downgrade both system to 6 (I am worried that there are missing files causing all the problems) and make a few calls and then upgrade 6 to 7, 7 to 8, 8 to 9?
If so, should I do the upgrades directly to the SD card, and not using the IPO?

I will be doing these upgrades after hours, so the amount of time it takes to upgrade is not an issue!!

Thanks everyone!!

I prefer doing upgrades via the card because it doesn't take quite as long and I can be fairly sure all the files will get copied. Just make sure your Source directory is pointing in the right place.

Thank you Tim!!

Do you think I should downgrade to be on the safe side? Or do you think copying the 9.0 files to the SD card will get any missing files. I have always done the upgrades via the network.

Thanks again.

If your suspicion is missing files then recreate the SD card with IP Office Manager is the best answer.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thank you Sizbut,

I will do that. And because I need the Virtual Essential Edition license, I will start with an old release and put the SD card back in the IPO and make a few calls during each upgrade.

Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back