Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading from 2003 to 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredka

Technical User
Jul 25, 2006
US
Hi - We are in the process of upgrading from Access 2003 to Access 2010. I was wondering if there are any major issues that I need to know about before making this change?

I have a database with about 12 users.. the database has a lot of coding and macros. The front end is an mde.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

Fred

Hopefully, then, you have a decompiled version of that frontend? A non-mde file?

Microsoft has their lists of items readily available:

That search may at least get you started there..

And here's another reference that might help:

Personally, one issue I had was with Date fields - both in VBA and in Form fields. It wasn't a big deal, but you may get an error about a missing dll... I forget the name... anyway... It gave errors and did scare a couple users, but I didn't see any real problems with it. One problem you could run into with it is if you were using custom-built pop-up calendars. Depending upon how they were built, they may not function in 2010. But the easy fix is to allow Access to use the auto-date popup on date fields.. It's set by default when you create a new database.

One other item that can cause trouble is the Names Autocorrect settings. Basiclaly, just go to Access Options, Current Database, and make sure that whole feature is disabled.

Also, another good reference is by Allen Browne:

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back