Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading Exch2000 server 2 Exch2000 Enterprise Srvr

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyzard

MIS
Nov 8, 2002
US
Hi,

Well it looks like I need to upgrade my Exchange 2000 standard to Exchange 2000 Enterprise. 16 Gb limit and all that..., Can any one tell me if there are any significant issues that I should be aware of?

Wyz

I have to do mine also, and i hear that u need to start a fresh install not just a case of pop cd in and upgrade :(.

I could be wrong.

I eventually made an old box a DC and popped Exchange on it moved the mailboxes, flattened the old server made that all hunky dory and transferred em back.

if you find an easy way then let me know,

Just a quick update,

I was in on Saturday and had the issue of no more space (due to the 16 GB limit on IS), and an offline defrag had only gained me about .5 of a gb. So finally, on a wing and a prayer, I installed Enterprise edition on my standard Exchange server. Not too traumatic, The first install failed because of the "service took too long to respond..." event. So I rebooted the system, and installed and repatched to sp3. It was basically a "re-install" when I updated. There was no "UPDATE" option, so I chose what made the most sense. Hopefully, this helps someone out there. Anyone who has other comments and thoughts please post a reply.

Everything seems to be running well and after 36 hours of monitoring, I am putting this one to bed.

Wyz

Thanks Bill. I agree, it looks like everything should be fine. My Exchange organization is running well and nothing new to report.

Wyz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back