Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading Crystal Enterprise 10 -> XI ... Tips? Docs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caste11an

MIS
May 18, 2007
US
We're contemplating an upgrade to our Crystal 10 Enterprise setup (going from 10 -> CE XI), but are having difficulty locating any documentation on the Business Objects web site regarding such an upgrade. Unfortunately, "search" isn't available on the forums right now, so I hope I'm not asking something that appeared awhile back (I read back through April 2007 to see if this question had been asked previously).

We're using MS Server 2003 as our platform, and we'd be running the updated Crystal Enterprise on a single machine with only 15 concurrent licenses (hence, no BOXI for us).

Is there an actual upgrade path, or is a fresh install advised? How about migrating reports, users, groups, etc? Is there documentation out there that's just incredibly well-hidden?

Thanks!

There is no "Crystal Enterprise XI", your choices for upgrade are "Crystal Reports Server XI" or "Business Objects XI".

Best advice is always to build an new box and then migrate the contents/users over using the IMPORT WIZARD tools.

Here are some links that might help -

"Upgrading Crystal Enterprise to BusinessObjects XI R2"

Seminar recording is at:

Many of our attendees requested copies of the slides,
you can find a PDF of the presentation at:

Resource center just for those of you who attended this web cast.

Your resource center is located at:

------------------------------------------------

Thank you! That explains my difficulty in finding things. I'll check out the links above.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back