Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading Crystal 10 to 11 - Any known issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonhuibers

Programmer
Sep 12, 2005
CA
We are planning on upgrading Cr10 to 11. Are there any known issues? What are the major differences between 10 and 11? What are the min requirements for Cr 11?

Any comments are appreciated..

Sam

I think that you'll be fine overall, most go through it somehwhat painlessly.

CR covers so many different types of use that your question is too generic, such as are you using it in applications, are you using Crystal Enterprise (now BOE XI or Crystal Reports Server).

The file formats are similar from CR 9 thru CR XI, there are additional features in CR XI, one of the biggest for most is the ability to create dynamic cascading parameters.

Here's the feature comparison:

Search their site, they have lots of other what's new documentation.

-k

I go through the migration almost weekly and have found that 99.9% of the information in transferred over without issue. For example: I have found minor glitches with the Crystal Web Viewers causing columns to overlap when they should not and the Oracle 8 clients is not supported in XI R2. The Enterprise Server includes a handy Import Wizard that you can use to import directly from your existing Crystal Enterprise Server. Honestly, the most difficult part is getting familiar with the new interfaces and the adopted legacy Business Objects terminology.

An embarrassing question: Is 11 compatable with sql server 2000?

Hi maybe you can help.

I was using crystal reports 8.5 and crystal viewer 9 to view the reports to the webpage, i have since upgraded my crystal reports to version 11, but i have now found the viewer to be out of date and dosn't work properly so, i have downloaded a trial version of crystal viewer 11 but i have no clue how to update the viewer it dosn't seem at all simple. If anyone as any idea of how to do this, any help would be appreciated
Thanks.

Are you using Crystal REport XI or XI R2 Developer addition? The web viewers only come with the developer version of Crystal Reports XI and XI R2.

yea i am trying to upgrade to Crystal REport XI developer im trying to upgrade my viewer because im using viewer 9 at the moment but im having problems upgrading, it probably somethin silly,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back