Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading CE 9 to CE 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

BScentral

Programmer
Mar 25, 2003
US
Hi all,
My company is in the process of upgrading from CE9 to CE10 and CR9 to CR10 and I would really like to know of the changes we will be having like:
1) Will the CR9 reports automatically convert to CR10?
2) Will the CR10 reports keep their schedules that they
have now or will we have to reschedule all of them?
3) Anything else that will be useful!
I am trying to determine how long the Upgrade will take and what problems we may have to deal with afterwards.
When we went from Seagate Info 7 to CE 9, we were able to set up a different environment for CE9 so most of the setup was done when we went public, but that is not an option now.
Thanks for any help given.

When we upgraded from 9 to 10, all reports automatically upgraded to 10, and all scheduling information was retained. I don't think you'll have a problem -- as long as you follow the migration wizard --- very simple.

One thing to note: The Crystal Repository is no longer Access/SQL based. You'll need to miigrate the Repository over to the new APS...which is not called APS anymore either....now called the CMS (Crystal Management Server).

Personally, I wish the old repository option was still available...

Good luck,
Robert

Thanks, Robert. I really appreciate the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back