Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading BCM50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

socalmics

Programmer
Jan 25, 2010
US
I have a customer with a BCM50 version 1.00.2.04.j that I assume is version 1.00? They are a retail store that is currently only using analog trunks and six T series phones. In the near future they will be moving office people into the space who are going to need me to expand the system with voice mail keycodes, maybe a T1 with DID etc.

I would like to bring this BCM50 up to the most recent release of software possible prior to adding any keycodes and modules. I looked in the BCM50 documentation on how to load patches or upgrades and didn't see anything. The only place I found anything was in BEM in Administration, Software Updates. I have a copy of a Patch from a distributor that I tried to load but it doesn't work?

Does anyone have any idea A: where to get a good copy of an upgrade as a lot of the links in past threads on this board are broken and B: What upgrades can be done to this release and where in BEM do I do it?

Thanks in advance!

I have looked in the BCM50 documentation for anything

I have upgraded systems from 1.0 too 3.0 but you have to an upgrade package from Nortel it comes with a couple of CDs It is called BCM50 TO 3.0 software upgrade kit part number NTAT0127.

Patches can be downloaded from the Nortel site if ur an authorized dealer. S/w upgrades need to be purchased from Nortel. The current s/w rls is 5.0. I believe u first have to upgrade your system to 2.0 and then up to 5.0. This means u need to purchase a 1.0 - 2.0 upgrade kit and a 2.0 - 5.0 upgrade kit. The kit will include an upgrade keycode and the upgrade CDs.

Thanks for the info. Is there a reason to upgrade at all if the customer only needs to add keycodes for mail boxes, two expansion modules, PRI with DTI, DSM 032 and four offsite VoIP phones?

Or are there problems with this release? Everything seems pretty basic that an old MICS could handle except the VoIP?

Also, upgrading to rls 5 will give them a ton of new features such as find me-follow me, conference bridge, park and page, SIP trunking to a service provider, and allow them to use the new cheaper 1200 series IP sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back