Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading Backup Exec 9.1 to 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenBiba

Technical User
May 20, 2005
US
Is there any reason why you should remove backup exec 9.1 and install backup exec 10 from scratch instead of simply upgrading to version 10?

That's a reason why you should not reïnstall but upgrade, however, there is a way to import the old jobs and recover your catalogs. But my question is whether there is a reason why you should not using the upgrade function but do a reïnstallation instead?

That's a reason why you should not reïnstall but upgrade, however, there is a way to import the old jobs and recover your catalogs. But my question is whether there is a reason why you should not using the upgrade function but do a reïnstallation instead?

Just upgrade. You might want to make sure none of the jobs are running then upgrade. Install it on top of your existing BE. Do you have a complicated environment?

IF you moving from 9.1 to 10 the catalog can be dropped in place. But the migration of the database has to be done manually from the bemig.exe

I upgraded my 9.1 to 10.0 by just installing. I didn't have to use any other tools. You shouldn't have to use any tools to move catalogs or the database unless you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back