Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading Arcserve 9 to Arcserve 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle76

Technical User
Jan 8, 2004
GB
Hi All,

I'm currently running Arcserve 9 on Windows Server 2003 problem and have many issues. It has been suggested that Arcserve 11 may fix many of these issues.

So I have downloaded a 30 day trial of Arcserve 11 to test it and see if this resolves any of the problems.

I am keen to get this on asap, but my backup program is a full backup on a Friday, then incrementals Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.

If I upgrade my Arcserve today, will there be any implications to the database Arcserve holds of the jobs and files completed? Will it upset my tape if the first two jobs are backed up in Arcserve 9 and the rest in Arcserve 11.

Ie. Does the new Arcserve do anything to a tape that renders it unuseable if I had to go back to Arcserve 9?

Any feedback or advice here would be must appreciated.

Regards,
Colin.

tapes will be used, but job will do a Full backup first regardless of which day it is.

Your upgrade will ahndle converting jobs and DB if needed. As for the tapes, ARCserve 11 will have no problem reading ARcserve 9 tapes, but ARcserve 9, in some case might have a problem deciphering the data from ARCserve 11...

Thanks Guys.

Info most appreciated.

Regards,
Colin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back