Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading Application server from 11.1.2.3.0 build 47 to 11.1.3.1.0 build 34 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneDude20

Vendor
Feb 12, 2020
US
I am trying to upgrade my application server from 11.1.2.3.0 build 47 to 11.1.3.1.0 build 34. I am getting the following error message at the 3% mark.

Screenshot_2024-03-10_083149_ksnemm.png

I have rebooted the application server, cleared the cache, uploaded the iso with Firefox instead of Chrome and defaulted security settings for the application server. Has anyone had this issue before?

Could be the PC you are uploading the ISO from.
I had a customer that I upgraded using the same maintenance PC (same one used for multiple upgrades)
I went to do another maintenance upgrade and received the same error. The only thing different about this one was I was using another PC the customer provided.
The upgrade got postponed and I never tested the theory out.

One thing you can try is, step upgrading to 11.1.2.4 then 11.1.3.1

I am getting the exact same message after trying all the same things you did. I first was getting errors about not enough disk space and I had to expand the virtual disk and then expand it to use the new space.
Did you get anywhere? I may call Avaya but that will be painful and I am sure they do not have a fix.

Good afternoon,

I put this on the back burner and now getting back to it. I have tried using a different PC and doing a step upgrade to 11.1.2.4 first but that failed with the same error.

@JimFed, did you have any luck with your upgrade?

Yes I opened a ticket with Avaya. The problem was the self signed cert expired

Solution
verify if the identify certificate is valid in the security setting and create a new server certificate on 7071 if required.

Also in the security setting you can set services-http to unsecure +secure and see if upgrade can go through.

Also please clear the blacklisting IP 10.1.20.255 if it is there in the SSA.

So login to the Application server. Then under settings go to certificates. Mine was expired but no where does it tell you that. Just regenerate a new cert unless you have a real valid SSL cert.
Also you login to the website 7070 then choose security and then right click on server. Then services. Their instructions were not clear. Check the setting unsecure +secure.
Hopefully this fixes your issue and you dont have to spend all the time I did to get this fixed. Support never got back to me and I had to follow up and get ticket escalated to get fix.

It then took a long time and numerous reboots but the upgrade finally finished. Wait a long time as it will appear the upgrade failed. Took forever but everything did upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back