Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading Aironet 1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhill7000

Technical User
Sep 6, 2005
US
I am new to these things and it's driving me up the wall trying to find this out. I have downloaded the latest IOS which came in as c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JA4 Through the web interface the AP will not upload the image. So I search and find c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JA4 and it still won't work. I add .tar to the end and still no go. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and every Google search I do assumes you have the correct image. I don't know if I have the correct format of the image, how do I know, and how can I fix this?

This is the current one I found on Cisco's site.
c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JA2.tar

Download this, do not expand,
Have you PC that you are using for the upgrade
wired to the network, do not try to use wireless connection.

Follow the web page upgrade procedures.

Ok so if my tar doesn't say it's a tar do I need to add it at the end to make it work?

No, The IOS is a compressed tar file. When you install, it
remains a compressed tar file and is decompressed when the device boots. You need to download the correct compressed file in the tar format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back